Grameen Foundation India provides strategic and technical expertise to leading social enterprises, financial and health services providers, and technology providers. Working with partners, we make financial services and health information more accessible to poor populations through the use of digital technology and community-based agent networks.
The penetration of mobile phones, especially in low-income rural households where literacy levels and financial literacy are very low, provides an opportunity to strengthen financial inclusion and to improve access to health care and health financing.
We work in partnership with financial services institutions, commercial banks, mobile network operators, microfinance institutions, healthcare providers, government agencies and others that play crucial roles in creating alternative paths to financial inclusion. Together, we design products useful to the poor; partner with trusted entities to provide mobile and financial literacy to clients; and build networks that enable community-based rural agents to extend the reach of financial services and to serve as banking agents.
Together with our partners, we create breakthrough solutions that enable people living in poverty to generate income, build assets, improve their health, strengthen their resilience and manage risk.
- We INNOVATE to deliver customized, client-centric poverty alleviation solutions that leverage digital technology and trusted intermediaries to reach the ‘last mile’
- We drive and leverage PARTNERSHIPS to create scalable solutions.
- We offer TECHNICAL assistance and consulting services to organizations serving the poor.
Our work in India :
- Enrolled 160,000 Micro-savers in the Cashpor, a microfinance institutions (MFI) usinga Business Correspondent model.
- Empowered another MFI, Margdarshak, to reduce its loan process turn-around time in by 24 percent.
- Designed and launched a digital payment solution for low-income clients in partnership with Sonata Financial Services andOxigen, a payment services company.
- Trained over 100,000 beneficiaries on Digital Financial Literacy.
- Championed poverty measurement as an integral Social Performance Management metric in India; 30+ organizations now use the Grameen-designed measurement tool, the Progress Out of Poverty Index.
- Enhanced leadership and management skills of 5000+ field managers across 56 organizations in 12 countries