Position Title: Agri Executive
Status: Full time
Location: Bhandara/ Napur/Nasik
Date: June 2021
Application Deadline 30th June 2021
About us: Grameen Impact Ventures (GIV) is a tech-driven eco-system aggregator operating a network of last-mile women agents in the hinterland who take financial and non-financial services to the doorsteps of their community. GIV aims to help low-income rural communities improve their financial well-being and reduce income shocks by leveraging digital platforms with a bouquet of financial and non-financial products and services, led by women changemakers.
Job Summary: The position will use broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge to support the GIV Business development & Operations management part in all activities related to integration of GIV Financial/Retail/Agri & Credit services in the Rural/Development sector through the Business Correspondence Channel business model for targeting the consumer/beneficiaries at the district/block & village level.
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to AM-Agri inputs.
Availability: The Agri Executive will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus additional hours to get the job done. This position will need to be flexible to work in local conditions and be available to work across different time zones. This position will require travel (50%-80%) within Maharashtra, and periodic travel to other states as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Any bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Deep understanding of Agri and FPO industry. Must have prior experience of working on Agri services for the poor farmers.
- Outstanding project management skills with proven track record of achievement under a range of challenging situations (ideally in multiple countries)
- Ability to act as representative of the project in public forums.
- Negotiation skills: Should have commendable negotiation skills and the ability to convince the farmers for the procurement of Fruits & vegetables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi & Local language.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate company offering and quality requirements clearly to farmers
- Ensure a healthy harvest pipeline to procure vegetables consistently
- Maintain the good relationship with Farmers and responsible for the fulfillment of demand
- Expand the farmer network by onboarding new farmers
- Apply the GF innovation process to the workstreams,
- Ownership: End to end ownership of coordinating with farmers and handling grievances.
- Market acumen: Aware of the changes in the prices of local markets and pitch farmers for the company and to create an employer brand.
- Develop detailed project plans with associated milestones and work with internal and external personnel to ensure goals, timelines and quality parameters are achieved using Project Management tools
- Design pilot, scale-up and replication strategy
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed on the progress of the projects
- Evaluate, hire and manage resources needed to support the project
- Create and manage budgets, and track progress against budgets
- Prepare reporting documentation and lead regular stakeholder discussions with the partners, including but not limited to Monthly Updates and Quarterly Reports. Ensure partners are involved throughout the process to create shared ownership of deliverables.
How to apply: GIV is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Agri Executive” in the subject line.