Position: Assistant Manager –Agri Inputs
Status: Full Time Employee
Location: Nashik/Nagpur (However, recruit may be placed anywhere in India based on company’s future requirements.) Date: May 2021
About GFI: Grameen Foundation India (GFI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA works with the mission to enable the poor, especially the women to create a world without poverty and hunger. GFI’s program portfolio spans the sectors of financial inclusion and livelihoods and is particularly recognized for its work on deploying cutting edge digital platforms and solutions to solve the most pressing problems faced by the poor and vulnerable.
Job Summary: Assistant Manager will use comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge related to selling, distributing and promoting products related to farming, so a thorough knowledge of the agricultural industry and sales are both essential.
Key Job Responsibilities
Sales & Distribution: –
- Planning, forecasting and execution of Agri-inputs sales in Maharashtra;
- Defining sales territories for Field executives and Grameen Mittras our field level agents under BC model; • Obtain product requirements from the field executives/GMs and raise indents accordingly;
- Ensure receipt of timely payments of the sales proceeds;
- Monitor sales performance of Maharashtra of Sales executives and GMs of the area;
- Keep track of changing business environment, competitors’ activities and Govt. policies to analyse market potential in the Maharashtra region for various agri-input products of the company;
- Overall monitoring of operation of regional warehouses or processing centers of company for post-harvest value addition
- Build network and channels of procurement within or outside of working area of organization • Determine the adequacy of existing distribution channel and recommend need for support to the targeted business; • Providing business and market feedback to the management and assist in identification of new market territories, intensifying presence in existing productive markets, new products etc.
- Monitor and ensure prices of Fertilizers an Agri-products at market place as per the MRP declared for states; • Co-ordination with various Govt. authorities & fulfilling requirements.
- Coordinate with Field Executives and GMs and ensure that entries are made in MFMS module for receipt of finished products in order to claim subsidy;
- Manage company owned stock point to ensure targeted sales of agri input products.
- To liaise with the agri input companies and big time agri input merchants for products
Sales Promotion Activities: –
- Identify, propose and implement season wise advertising and suitable sales promotion activities and campaigns to address identified needs of the customer in the Maharashtra market segment;
- Organize and conduct assesses programs – farm demonstrations, night meetings, Agri fairs etc. and ensure effectiveness • Prepare month-wise progress report of sales promotion and publicity programmes.
- Build network and channels of procurement within or outside of working area of organization.
- Creating/writing monthly reports and manage all documentation and reports for the related work.
- Attend regional meetings and conferences (if required), to keep up with changes in the field and expand their product knowledge.
Required qualification and core competencies:
Graduate/MBA – Agri Business/Agriculture or Business management with specialization preferably in Agri Business Management from reputed Institute/University.
At least 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in Agri produce Sales/Purchase & Procurement
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
- Awareness of Input/output Markets & Market linkage.
- Outstanding project management skills with proven track record of achievement under a range of challenging situations and multi-stakeholder arrangements
- Experience of working on FPO strengthening, Digital Agriculture and Market linkage.
- Technical knowledge of agriculture & farm sector, Sound understanding of Market research, Financial acumen, Cost consciousness,
- Must be a team player having creativity with excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective public speaking skills in English/Hindi & Marathi to sell products to individuals or groups of potential customers. • Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PPT).
How to apply: GFI is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to email@example.com mentioning “AM – Agri inputs” in the subject line and confirming the current and expected compensation and earliest available joining date.