Position: Junior Data Scientist
Date of joining: January 2020
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the Head of Technology. The person will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems and dashboards that support key business decisions
- Predictive/Prescriptive Modeling & Optimization: Develop state-of-the-art predictive and recommender systems that support business objectives
- Support Data Infrastructure: Use scripting languages like Python, Machine Learning, VBS and MySQL to extract, transform and load data.
- Structuring and preparing data while ensuring its reliability and integrity
- Carrying out advanced descriptive and predictive analyses such as description of customer journeys, segmentation of customers on the basis of historical and/or demographic data and prescriptive ROI using data processing and statistical languages such as SQL, R or Python
- Co-coordinating integration, structuring, visualization and data analysis activities
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, cleansing, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud – based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub queries
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and make coherent strategic-level business recommendations based from such analysis
- Organized and self-starting- ability to work independently, execute quickly, move to the next task and follow through without constant oversight
- Excellent communication
- At least 2-5 years of experience in similar position
- The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
– Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
– Knowledge or experience of Azure Machine Learning Studio, Jupiter Notebook, Pycharm, VS code, Python, Spark, Spark SQL, Scala, Java Script, Web Services, SQL Server2008/14/16, HTML, XML, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory or Azure Analysis Service
– Experience working with large datasets, relational databases (SQL) and experience in a Cloud
Compensation: GFI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to email@example.com mentioning ‘Data Scientist’ in the subject line and confirming the earliest date s/he will be able to join.