Position: District Manager – FPO Strengthening Program
Status: Full Time Employee (2 year contract)
Location: Eastern UP (City to be decided)
Date: December, 2020
About GFI: Grameen Foundation India (GFI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA works with the mission to enable the poor, especially the women to create a world without poverty and hunger. GFI’s program portfolio spans the sectors of financial inclusion and livelihoods and is particularly recognized for its work on deploying cutting edge digital platforms and solutions to solve the most pressing problems faced by the poor and vulnerable.
About the Opportunity: GFI is implementing a program called Market Access through Digital Innovation in India that aims to “Strengthen FPO capacity to connect smallholder farmers, especially women, to market and finance, in order to improve farmers’ incomes and resilience.”
Reporting and relationships: The position reports to the Sr. Project Manager of Grameen Foundation India. The District Manager will directly supervise staff, local implementing partners and contractors related to the project.
Availability: The District Manager will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours, plus additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at project sites in select towns in India. This position will need to be flexible to work in local conditions, and be available to work across different time zones. This position will require intensive travel to field locations and partner branches for project related work.travel (20%-30%) within India.
Job Summary: District Manager will use comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in FPO strengthening, Digital Agriculture and Market linkage. He/she will work directly with the Grameen Foundation’s country-level teams to uncover opportunities and innovative solutions and services in partnership with technology Service Providers (TSPs) and local implementation partners, develop project plans and execute projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Implementation of FPO strengthening strategy
- Monitor Activities of FPO’s
- Selection, Monitoring and Evaluation of Working of FPO’s
- Daily planning, organization, supervision and administration of the activities of the FPO
- Assist in making policy decisions
- Recruiting, training/ instructing and supervising farm workers.
- Make sure that work progresses satisfactorily
- Ensuring compliance with the government regulations and health and safety standards.
- Ensuring that the projected financial targets are being met
- Working with Farmer Producer Organizations and promote price risk management
- Assisting FPOs for market linkages to get better price realization. Support in forming market linkages for the enterprises
- Identify key institutions involved in development of FPOs
- Managing and coordinating meetings with Resource Institutions and other agencies
- Work with institutions to spread awareness within FPOs on importance of price risk management
- Communication on market opportunities and handholding FPOs to get the benefit
- The development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Maintaining other analytics regarding trainee engagement including attendance, academic progress etc
- Organizing maintenance/ repair of farm property, equipment and machinery
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- In depth technical knowledge of agriculture sector, agri commodity sector and services offered by the commodities industry
- Experience of working on FPO strengthening, Digital Agriculture and Market linkage.
- Marketing and sales skills
- Ability to act as a representative of the project in public forums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi
Education and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agriculture and allied fields
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances. GFI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: GFI is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “District Manager- FPO Strengthening Program” in the subject line and confirming the current and expected compensation and earliest joining date.