Status: Full Time Consultant (3 months contract)
Location: Delhi NCR
Date: October 2021
About GFSI: Grameen Foundation for Social Impact (GFSI)is a not for profit company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation India Private Limited. Inspired by the work and ideals of Nobel Laureate Prof Muhammad Yunus, Grameen Foundation’s mission is “To enable the low-income people, especially women, to create a world without poverty and hunger”. Please visit our website www.grameenfoundation.infor more details
About the Opportunity:
In India, the devastating second wave of COVID-19 left in its wake over 2.29 lakh deaths since April 2021. Of these, a section comprises of the health workers who succumbed to COVID helping patients on the frontlines. We at Grameen wish to commemorate and honour their contribution as passionate COVID warriors, and not as a bundled statistic.
In this regard, Grameen Foundation for Social Impact has launched a new initiative to support 80 families of healthcare workers who lost their lives due to COVID-19 while serving the community during the second wave. The initiative will be placed in three cities – Delhi NCR, Varanasi, and Nagpur.
Through this initiative, Grameen will provide emergency cash assistance to help the households of health workers over the next 12 months. This assistance will enable the affected households to meet their essential household consumption needs in the face of loss of the earning family member, loss of employment and livelihoods, thereby saving lives and preventing these affected households from falling into the poverty trap.
Reporting and relationships: The position reports to the Manager – Strategic Initiatives of GFSI
Availability: The Consultant will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done. A lot of travel intra-city and possibly intercity (Delhi to Nagpur and/or Varanasi) will be expected.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Consultant:
Stakeholder engagement (30%)
- Help the Grameen team collect the names of the potential beneficiaries through stakeholder engagement with government entities, private and public hospitals, and institutions like the Indian Medical Association, Delhi Medical Association, etc.
- Prepare a list of the potential beneficiaries, and liaise with relevant households of healthcare workers who lost their lives in the second wave of COVID-19
Data Collection and Project Delivery (50%)
- Conduct outreach, due diligence, and entire ownership of the interaction with the families of the health workers.
- Data Collection, data collation and compilation, building beneficiary profiles, analysis, in-depth interviews, and judgement in filtering out the ineligible candidates.
- Outreach to potential stakeholders through phonecalls, emails, in-person meetings.
- Conduct field visits to the homes of these beneficiaries for documentation perspective.
- be the primary person-of-contact between GFSI and the family of deceased healthcare workers,
Documentation and Outreach (20%)
- Documentation of the project, including insights, beneficiary experiences, support required, potential gaps in the ecosystem, etc.
- Help the communications team in building the website and the coffee table book in terms of initial copywriting.
Required qualification and core competencies:
- Any graduate or post graduate in engineering/econ/sciences/liberal arts/social work
- Prior experience in the development sector will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The incumbent must be sensitive and empathetic. He/ she must be creative with entrepreneurial spirit and strong decision-making skills.
This is an extremely hands-on role and the employee is expected to quickly understand the nature of demands, respond quickly and diligently with highest quality outputs.
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances.
Monthly consultancy fee budget: Rs. 30000.00 (Negotiable)
How to apply: GFSI is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes to email@example.com with Consultant – Grameen Cares in the subject line.