Position: Lead- Training & Knowledge Management
Status: Full Time Employee (2 year contract)
Location: Gurgaon, with frequent travel with in India
Date: October, 2020
About GFI: Grameen Foundation India (GFI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA works with the mission to enable the poor, especially the women to create a world without poverty and hunger. GFI’s program portfolio spans the sectors of financial inclusion and livelihoods and is particularly recognized for its work on deploying cutting edge digital platforms and solutions to solve the most pressing problems faced by the poor and vulnerable.
About the Opportunity: GFI is implementing a large scale Action Research Project to Strengthen the Business Correspondent Model (BC Model) in India. The BC Model has emerged as a key pillar to drive financial inclusion in India, particularly amongst women and low income populations in remote locations, with over 1 million BC agents spread across the length and breadth of the country. This project aims to address key challenges faced by the BC Agents and BC Networks, such as low productivity, profitability and customer stickiness by designing and implementing a number of action research pilot projects across the country with a vision that an effective BC Model will drive financial inclusion and financial well-being of low income populations in rural areas, particularly women.
Reporting and relationships: The position reports to the Project Director of Grameen Foundation India.
Availability: The Lead- Training & Knowledge Management will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours, plus additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at Gurgaon. This position will need to be flexible to work in local conditions, and be available to work across different time zones. This position will require travel (20%-30%) within India.
Job Summary: Knowledge Management Expert will use comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge to identifying best practice and trends, including role of technology, within the Grameen Foundation’s Innovation in Digital Finance portfolio for successful implementation of learning and development of partner staff and end underserved community members. The profile would structure and undertake learning and development and change management initiatives at partner organizations for both senior management as well as field level staff. Integration of gender lens in organizations operations and sensitization would be a key focus for the profile He/she will work directly with the Grameen Foundation’s global and country-level teams to undertake training programs for the underserved communities, especially women across the project areas using adult learning principles and innovative e-learning solutions. Prior experience in digital payment solutions, financial education, rural community engagement and training would be essential for the role.
Essential Job Functions
- Key Responsibilities
- Design and Implement Change Management and Learning and Development programs
- Lead content development resources and deploy innovative LMS tools for training programs
- Coordinate closely with Senior Management and training teams of partner organizations to organize learning and development programs.
- Monitor training programs, documentation and report writing and help in design of innovative training aids
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between various GFI programs and partners
- Digital Financial Services expertise
- Use Human Centered Design process to research client needs and context regarding adoption of Digital financial services, integrate those learnings in project plan and develop systems and processes to onboard low- income clients onto digital financial services platform
- Deep understanding of various channels of financial service providers to deliver Digital financial services – especially using the Business Correspondent and Agency channel and develop ideas on how to leverage those channels to deliver Digital financial services
- Apply the GF innovation process to the workstreams, including identifying key research questions, deploying innovative research techniques, and leveraging resulting insights to drive digital finance adoption and usage.
- Contribute in other initiatives of the Innovations in Digital Finance vertical of GFI
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Outstanding project management skills with proven track record of achievement under a range of challenging situations and multi-stakeholder arrangements.
- Knowledge on Content development and use of LMS tools like Articulate
- Experience of designing and undertaking change management workshops for organisations and training of field level staff and end customers. .
- Hands on experience of working on Project management tools
- Ability to act as a representative of the project in public forums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree, such as MBA or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in financial services in the private sector and demonstrated ability in designing course material and training programs for field staff and change management workshops for senior management.
- Experience working on donor funded financial inclusion programs across multiple financial sub-sectors will be an advantage, either in a program management function or technical expert;
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances.
How to apply: GFI is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to email@example.com mentioning “ Lead- Training & Knowledge Management” in the subject line and confirming the current and expected compensation and earliest joining date.