Status: Full Time Employee
Date: Jan 2021
Grameen Foundation India (GFI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA and has been set up with the primary purpose of using microfinance and technology solutions to “enable the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty and hunger.” GFI provides several products and services in areas of technology, human resources management, social performance management and developing sustainable business models to social enterprises in India.
Job Summary: The main function of the Program Manager – (CII) would be to support the GFI projects in the Monitoring, research and evaluation domain, using appropriate tools and techniques, chiefly the PPI (Progress out of Poverty Index) and M&E approaches/methodologies. Some of the other responsibilities for the senior program manager/program manager will include portfolio management, providing technical oversight, data management & analytics, relationship management, mentoring subordinates, knowledge management and project documentation.
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the Associate Director – Client Insights for Impact. The incumbent will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at Gurgaon. This position will need to be flexible to work across different time zones and may require frequent domestic or international travel.
Essential Job Functions
- Portfolio Management – Lead and anchor research projects under the portfolio. Liaison with donors, clients, in-house team and research partners
- Project Management – Lead and anchor large scale evaluations.
- Relationship Management – Manage relationships and partnerships with stakeholders
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative research design and evaluation methodology
- Manage and conduct large scale data analysis under different CII projects. Development of data analytical framework and conducting econometric analysis.
- Providing technical and management oversight to research projects
- Lead the study design and development of methods and tools for baseline, midline and endline surveys
- Develop frameworks, methodologies and tools for evaluation and knowledge management
- Document reports, insights and manage communication with different stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Report Writing and development of knowledge products such as blogs, op-eds and articles
- Business Development through writing compelling proposals and concept notes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Has a deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
- Strong project management skills to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Client relationship management
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills & excellent research and data collection methodology skills. Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Has reasonable knowledge about different social performance initiatives in the development sector
- Skills/experience around developing research frameworks- especially M&E for different development
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment.
- Ability to apply knowledge in daily work. Has deep knowledge of Microsoft office products (excel,
PowerPoint, word, etc.)
- Knowledge of quantitative data analysis software such as STATA/R is required.
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis software such as ATLAS.ti/NVivo is preferred.
Education and Experience
A Master’s degree in Economics/ Statistics/Rural Management
6 to 9 years’ experience of which at least 5 year must have been in research role.
- Compensation: GFI offers a competitive compensation package.
Additional Comment : The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as,
exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The
designation (Senior Program Manager or Program Manager) of the incumbent will be finalized on the basis
of performance during the recruitment process
- Interested candidates may apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Senior Program
Manager /Program Manager – Client Insights for Impact in the subject line.