Position Title: Research Associate – Client Insights for Impact (CII)
Status: Full Time Employee
Date: September 2021
Grameen Foundation India (GFI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA and has been set up with the primary purpose of using microfinance and technology solutions to “enable the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty and hunger.” GFI provides several products and services in areas of technology, human resources management, social performance management and developing sustainable business models to social enterprises in India.
Job Summary: The main function of the Research Associate – (CII) would be to support the GFI projects in the Monitoring, research and evaluation domain, using appropriate tools and techniques, chiefly the PPI (Progress out of Poverty Index) and M&E approaches/methodologies. Some of the other responsibilities for the APM will include project management, data management & analytics, relationship management and project documentation.
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the Program Manager – Client Insights for Impact. The incumbent will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at Gurgaon. This position will need to be flexible to work across different time zones and may require frequent domestic or international travel.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the project management through collaboration with research partners
- Good understanding of quantitative and qualitative research design and evaluation methodology
- Quick learner and penchant for programming/coding and qualitative/quantitative analysis
- Manage and conduct large scale data analysis under different CII projects. Development of data analytical framework and conducting econometric analysis.
- Support the study design and development of methods and tools for baseline, midline and endline surveys
- Document reports, insights and manage communication with different stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Report Writing and development of knowledge products such as blogs, op-eds and articles
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Has a deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills & excellent research and data collection methodology skills. Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Has reasonable knowledge about different social performance initiatives in the development sector
- Skills/experience around developing research frameworks- especially M&E for different development contexts
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment.
- Ability to apply knowledge in daily work and has deep knowledge of Microsoft office products (excel, PowerPoint, word, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of quantitative data analysis software such as STATA/R/SPSS/Python/SAS is required.
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis software such as ATLAS.ti/NVivo is preferred
Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Economics/ Statistics/Rural Management
How to apply: GFSI is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with Research Associate – CII in the subject line.