Status: Full Time Employee (18 months contract)
Date: September, 2021
About the Opportunity: GFI is implementing a project supported by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to transform Agri ecosystem in Uttar Pradesh which aims to strengthen governance compliance and leadership with clear business plans and risk management systems, by identifying Financing gaps for FPO’S to access funds as per their business requirement to introduce Innovative Technology and new business lines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- To ensure success as a field trainer, one should have exceptional communication skills (i.e. should be able to speak local language) and should be able to train and teach in a clear, concise manner.
- He/she should be patient and also should have the ability to motivate farmers to achieve high levels of performance.
- He/she should be able to answer and solve each and every query of the farmers.
- He/she should be empathetic towards the farmer’s needs as well as respect his/her views.
- He/she should be able to develop innovative ideas to meet the changing farming needs.
Education and Experience
- At least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agriculture/Training & development and allied fields.
- Prior experience of working with FPO will be an advantage
Training objectives: –
Trainer will be responsible to identify farmer communities and train farming technicians during this period, Farmers will learn how to apply the rapidly emerging technological developments that are helping to increase productivity in agricultural and related fields. With a combination of class-based learning complemented with practical sessions in the field, which aims to create a new generation of Agri-entrepreneurs and agriculture technology assistants with the functional knowledge and skills to apply agricultural technology in rural farming communities.
Key Responsibilities include: –
- Identifies the training needs, coordinates, and delivers the training according to the organizational needs and ensures that all gaps in knowledge, skills, and competency have been filled out completely to ensure that the training is compliant with the practical techniques that need to be used on the field.
- He/she also provides post training support and reinforces tools that will enhance the performance of the farmers.
- Village meetings- identify potential farmers & Hand holding support for FPOs institution building for productivity increase .
- He/she uses various techniques to heighten their level of performance on the field.
- He/she should be able to clearly and effectively communicate the expectations to the farmers and guide them on how to add value to their overall work and performance.
- He/She will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating the progress of the farmers during the training sessions and provide them with the relevant feedback that will help them in improving their individual performance as well as help in enhancing their farming skills and attributes.
Salary budget 4.80 LPA
How to apply: GFI is an equal opportunities employer. Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to email@example.com mentioning “Field Trainer” in the subject line and confirming the current and expected compensation and earliest joining date.